Monday, January 26, 2009

B. Spears: all the way!

My favorite new album in the past 3 months is "Circus" from Britney Spears. I have to admit that I have been a die hard Britney fan since the sixth grade and although I am not really into Pop music anymore, Spears continues to impress me with her catchy tunes and major comeback. When you first choose to listen to the entire CD, many of the songs sound similar to one another, which is common among Pop artists. However, with more of a listen, the songs began to stand out individually and draw anyone in with the up-tempo beats and clever lyrics. This album is a lot more upbeat then her last, "Blackout," and I finally began to recognize the Britney that many thought was lost forever. I am a sucker for great dance songs, and this CD not only delivers those songs, but keeps them stuck in your head whether you like it or not. From working out at the gym, to jamming in my car, "Circus" is still making me want more. I was holding my breath before this CD was released and now can breathe easy knowing that B. Spears, once again, has created a great album.

No comments: