Monday, January 26, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I recently decided to go see the movie Slumdog Millionaire last weekend because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. After all, it was the first week of school, also known as "syllabus week," a.k.a blow-off week, and I really didn't have anything else better to do with my time. I went into the movie with an open mind and curiosity. Right from the start of the film until the end, I was completely blown away with the plot, the acting, and the love story between the two main characters. I left the movie in tears and could not believe how unbelievable of a film it was. I am not usually one for indie films, but this one completely changed my perspective. Now I know what film I'm rooting for for Best Picture at the Oscars!!

1 comment:

Chandu said...

The storyline of how the protagonist knew the answers, because of many memories that are burning, cold and sweet, is simply superb. But it's the prejudiced image of India, which spreads from the portrayal of the Mumbai underbelly to the doors of the Taj, that makes the movie just another picturisation of the great Indian poverty.