Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hey Illini Fans

Hey there Illini Fans...for those of you who do not know, yesterday was Homecoming at U of I and I am proud to say it was my 1st football game of the year! I stuck it out until the very end of the game when we unfortunately failed to beat Minnesota Gophers? haha I think that is a pretty funny mascot. Anywho, as a senior, I am somewhat embarrassed to say that this was my 1st, and I suppose last Homecoming football game :( And although I did have a pretty good time, for some reason homecoming at U of I is nothing compared to some of the other schools. If any of you have ever visited another college campus during their homecoming then you know that Mizzou fans are nuts! They have crazy tailgates, everyone gets decked out spirit wise, and practically the entire campus is in attendance. Indiana fans are insane, they drink all day and still make it out to cheer on the Hoosiers..Iowa is probably even crazier, you are definitely bound to have a good time there. Maybe it's just me, but Homecoming is not really talked up here at U of I...Sure a lot of alumni and townies come around for the event, but the current student body is pretty absent when it comes to school spirit and events like Homecoming. I was all about school spirit and going all out at high school football games, but coming to U of I, that side of me sort of faded. To bring that hidden spirit back, I bought season football tickets this year. Even though I'm not the biggest football fan, and I pretty much don't really know the rules, I had one heck of a time Saturday at the game and I encourage everyone to go to at LEAST ONE before you graduate! Another home game this Saturday ( Vs. Indiana) I will be in attendance yet again and I for see another terrific time! ILL-INI!

No comments: