Saturday, February 28, 2009

Light FM!!

The band that I would definitely have to select out of the many playing at the SXSW Music Festival is Light FM. They are a rock band from Los Angeles, California. I recognized one of their songs from an episode of Gossip Girl a couple weeks ago called “Black Magic Marker” and absolutely loved it! This indie band is exactly the type of music that I love listening to and although I was unfamiliar with most of their music, the songs I did know I loved. They have been influenced by some of the “classics” in music, including the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and even ABBA! They also mentioned that the Postal Service has made an impact on their music, and to tell you the truth, some of their music definitely reflects Postal. I chose to go on their MySpace page and download a couple of their other songs just to get a taste of their music. Some of the other songs that I would suggest are “Sleepy Hollow” and “16 Below.” Most of Light FM’s music is a mixture between alternative, indie, and pop, so if anyone is interested, I would highly recommend visiting their page and downloading some of their tunes. If anyone had tuned into Fox’s new series, Dollhouse yesterday, Feb 27, they also showcased one of their songs on the show. This is a band that I am adding to my large iTunes selection!

No comments: