Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Songs that I can't live Without

This is kind of a "heavy" blog. Throughout the years, there have been tons of songs that have really had an effect on my life and have become my all time favorites, so its really hard to pinpoint a specific song. I think in this blog, I would like to talk about one of my favorite albums of all time, and that is Jason Mraz's "Tonight, Not Again, Live at Eagles Ballroon." So, I purchased this CD my senior year of High School which was about 4 years ago, sad to say. It is still one of my all time favorite albums because it consists of a lot of his hits, along with some never before released singles. I can't quite explain the effect that this album had one me, but I will explain that it was the only CD that I would play and listen to for months. I was so captured by the music, the melodies, and lyrics that Jason expressed through his songs. Not only is his voice AMAZING live, even better live, but the way he delivers each song is breathtaking. I mean, this guy can freestyle and then belt out a note that we would only be so lucky to reach. One of my all-time favorite songs is called "Unfold" and I would seriously suggest downloading it. Every time that I listen to it (and believe me, I listen to it quite frequently), I still get the chills and it brings back memories of High School. In fact, the first concert I went to of Jason's was back then and I got so close, that I was able to shout out the song to him. Lucky me, he played it and I recorded it on my voicemail :) One more song that I think has been a big part of my life is "Paperweight" by Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk. This song is so simple, yet the lyrics are soooo good that they just draw you in. This song reminds me of a lot of the relationships I have been in, and currently am in, and it just makes me happy every time I put it on. Download this song!!

No comments: