Monday, March 30, 2009

"Where the Wild Things Are"/Perfect Movie Songs

Oh my goodness! I cannot express how excited I am to see this movie. I had absolutely no idea that this classic book was ever going to be turned into a movie, especially a storyline like this. I actually thought the story was nearly impossible to turn into a book, but hey, anything is possible now in the movie world. I thought that the Arcade Fire song, “Wake Up” completely set the mood for the film. It goes really well with the concept of the book, explaining in the first line, “Children, don’t grow up.” The lyrics go perfectly well with the story, as well as the soft-rock/indie vibe, and I liked the fact that most of the song was instrumental. The few lyrics basically set the tone of the film and storyline. All in all, I cannot wait for this flick to hit the theaters!!!!

Favorite Car Chase Song: Black Betty- Lynard Skynard
Opening Credit Song: “Extraordinary”- Better Than Ezra
End Credit Song: Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
Fight Scene Song: “Party Up”- DMX
Love Scene Song: “We Belong Together”- Gavin Degraw

No comments: